Sunday, July 10, 2011

The beauty of 16 miles


I must admit I over packed my weekend. In my head there's always time to do but in reality I should really pick and choose. The original plan was to go to the Phillies game on Friday night, Saturday morning run 16 miles, Saturday night head to NYC for my best friend's birthday celebration, Sunday morning kayak the Lehigh with my boyfriend. What actually happened was there was a rain delay for the Phillies game and we didn't get home until 1:30 am. I woke up at 11 am Saturday morning and ran the cross country route with my boyfriend (2.65 miles). Then Saturday evening I was on a train to NYC to play bingo. Sunday morning I awake to run 16 miles.

The decision to run without headphones is/was very refreshing. I packed my amphipod with clif shotblocks, gatorade, water and blackberry. I could hear the beat of my feet hitting the pavement. I embrace the beauty of the flowers and back roads the run takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment