Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's HOT!

We are in a drenching heat wave. It's so bad that my 6 mile run this morning has turned into a 1 mile around my neighborhood and soon to be 5 miles on the treadmill at work. The air is so thick and the sun just beats on your skin. I'm all about toughing it out but today was about being smart. I tested the waters and there was a big fat sign saying go to the air conditioning.

On another note I just found out that Garmin is running a summer special. Turn in your old garmin for a new one and you get $50 back! In 2005 I was at Target and saw this shiny object in the fitness aisle. It had this glowing effect drawing me closer to see the magical object. It was the Garmin Forerunner 201 on sale. The Garmin claimed to tell you how fast and how far you were running. This is during a time when I was just getting back into running after some rehab for my IT Band.



This shiny piece of equipment looks brand new only because it was used twice in Long Island. The satelite system of 2005 would fail every 10 feet. I was mad and shoved it in a box. It's amazing the things you keep when you move. This little guy has gone from 2 different homes in Long Island to 3 homes in New Jersey to it's current location in Pennsylvania. Maybe I'm a pack rat but I'm glad I can get $50 back and a new toy to play with on my runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment