Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6 Miles and Jillian Micheals

It's Tuesday morning and as part of the marathon training program I was scheduled to run 6 miles. I set my alarm for 6:30 am thinking I'd just pop out of bed and go. Yeah right! I was out the door for my run at 8:30 am. I decided to take it nice and easy - whatever pace my body felt like going. It ended up being about a 10 minute mile pace. On my route back I found a little friend on the path:


I then came in the house and utilized our on demand channels. Jillian Micheals 6 weeks to 6 pack workout. I did this last Thursday and was sore until Sunday. As someone in the fitness industry I must say this workout video is very good! Jillian does a nice job of keeping you engaged and doing the exercises correctly. As a professional you know where people are going to allow their body to ease up. Jillian reminds me of two of my favorite female fitness professionals. If you're in Seattle, Washington or East Lansing, Michigan watch out!



Of course I couldn't help but play with my farm share yesterday and made swiss chard hummus, kohlrabi and apple salad, and swiss chard and onion tossed with pasta. I must say I am loving my CSA!!! It brings a whole new light to food and healthy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment