Saturday, June 11, 2011

Vacation!

Ahhh... take the time and smell the flowers. It is my boyfriends family vacation and this year I've been invited to partake in the adventure. We left Pennsylvania at 12:30 am this morning/last night to arrive around noon today in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. My boyfriend and I had the longest day on Friday with both of us going to work extra early. I was at work at 5:45 am and he was at work by 6:30 am. The BF didn't get home until 7:30 pm.

I had gone to pick up the CSA around 3:30 pm and prepared most of it for dinner. In this weeks package I ordered meat from a place around the corner that has grass fed cows. So, not only did I prepare the veggies but cooked ny strip steak on the grill. Now I am not a master at cooking with meat - so it took a few times of going back to the grill to get the meat just right.

After dinner the bf went and mowed the lawn. I started cleaning the kitchen and preparing for our journey. The next thing we knew it was midnight and we're like there's no point in sleeping and off we went.

I think we were both a little cranky because of sleep deprevation and hunger.

We fixed that with lunch at Red Lobster. We split the ultimate feast and coconut shrimp. A little too greasey for my liking but I do really enjoy their rolls!

Then off to the vacation rental. I must say it is fantastic. The views, the weather, the warmth of the water, just makes me happy. The BF rents came in with pizza for dinner and then off we went for a walk on the beach.

I'm lucky that they're active or else I might of just kept my butt on the couch. After the walk on the beach, the BF's dad and I came back to turn around and go on a night beach run.

My IT Band didn't like the slant of the sand in some areas but as the tide was going out it made it easier to run on a flatter surface.

We ran 15 minutes out and came back to home base. It ended up being 31 minutes and we're predicting at least 3.5 miles. Man does it feel good to move my body. Epecially, after 11 hours in the car. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment