Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday Group Run

I just finished my first group run in my new town. Did I mention we're in a heat wave and it's 100 degrees outside? I don't know what I was thinking other than I wanted to meet other runners in the area. I didn't realize I was meeting up with hard core runners. I'm like a tweener not a fast and not a slow runner. I like to be comfortable running.

There were 6 of us and three of the guys ran at a 6:15 pace. I mean that would be fine if I was running a mile but we were running 5+. I was really expecting some other tweener runners so I did my best to keep up with two others going around an 8:00 pace. We finished 5.2 miles in 46:19.

I grab my huge nalgene and finished the whole bottle in 2 minutes. I've never finished a run with my entire sports bra soaked in sweat. I guess there's always a first for everything.

Will I do this group run again? For sure, I love to torture, I mean make myself better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment