Thursday, June 9, 2011

Utilizing the Last of this Week's CSA

Tomorrow I pick up my next CSA. So that means I need to eat what I picked up last week. Turnips, lettuce and bok choy were on my hit list. I started with the turnips and made a simple side by peeling and cutting the turnips into cubes then placing them saute them in a pan with 1/4 cup of water and a chicken bullion cube. Wait until the turnips are tender and then add a tbs of butter and 1 to 2 tbs of sugar. Delicious! - but what isn't with butter and sugar?

Watch out bok choy. I sauteed some onions with grape seed oil then I added chopped up bok choy, fish sauce and a little bit of salt. Yummy fresh veggies.

Lettuce of course you're being turned into a salad. I added walnuts, blueberries, green peppers, cherry tomatoes and blue cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment