Saturday, June 4, 2011

8 Miles, Sushi and Jam

4:30 am on a Saturday and I'm wide awake ready to start the day. I gathered my things the night before so all I have to do is wash up and head out the door. I make myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich for the road and I'm off.

The country side is beautiful and the roads are clear! This is the first time the GPS actually took time off the ETA. It took only 1 hour and 40 minutes to get to NYC. Not bad considering it says at least 2 hours normally.

Our 8 mile run was a nice and easy pace to chat. I enjoy taking the time to be active and catch up on life. You can learn so much about a person and where they're coming from by taking the time to listen.

After the run we had some breakfast, chatted some more and then went for Sushi! I had been craving Sushi for weeks and really enjoyed it. I got the lunch special with an eel cucumber, avacado, and spicy tuna roll. Delicious.

I then headed to meet up with another friend to can some strawberry jam. I had never canned before and couldn't wait to see what it was all about. Slice strawberries, mash them up, put it in a pot, add some pectin, sugar (I used sugar in the raw), and add a little butter to keep the foam away. It ended up tasting wonderful! Plus I have plenty to give away in tiny jars. Might have to save them for the holidays.




After the jam we prepared a fresh pasta dinner with asparagus and snap peas. Heavenly...


After dinner I couldn't help myself and stopped off at Uncle Ed's Creamery and had a child size scoop of cherry vanilla and vanilla fudge. Yummie ice cream. So good. So tasty.

Time to rest - Tennis in the am.

No comments:

Post a Comment